What is the Request Application Fee option?
This option allows you to charge a one-time application fee to the Tenant without having to assign them to a Property.
Where is the Request Application Fee option located?
You can find this option under the Rent Payment section of your Landlord Dashboard:
and choose New Request:
and Request Application Fee:
How does the Request Application Fee option work?
Here are the steps to send and receive a one-time application fee:
- Under the Request Application Fee tab you will select a Property, add the potential Tenant's name and email address, add the amount requested, and add any notes you would like to send to the potential Tenant
- Choose the Request Application Fee button at the bottom
- The potential Tenant will receive a request via email with a Make a Payment button
- The potential Tenant should choose the Make a Payment button and that will take them to a secure payment page that looks like this:
- The potential Tenant will need to fill out that payment page, agree to the T&Cs and policies, and choose to pay
- The potential Tenant will receive this notice: and will receive an emailed receipt.
- The Landlord will receive an email notice that the payment has been made and may then view the payment details by choosing the View Payment Details button from the email, from the notification in the Landlord Dashboard, or under the Payments section of the Property.
As always, if you have any additional questions, our team can be reached at email@example.com